Monday, January 24, 2011

Strawberry-kiwi bread



Strawberries were cheap as free over at my local fruit and veggie vendor's, so I picked 'em up and decided to add them to the kiwi bread I was making. Result? Deliciousness.




Ingredients:
2/3 cup of rice flour
3 tbsp potato flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
3 spoons of white sugar
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
3 kiwis
10-12 strawberries
1 spoonful of veggie oil


Peel kiwis, hull strawberries, and mash 'em together in a small bowl. Set it aside, and in a larger bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add the egg and oil to the kiwi-strawberry mix, and mix it thoroughly, then dump it in with the dry stuff.
Too wet...

At first I did this without the potato flour, and it was too wet - remember, for a rice cooker, the dough's gotta be a lot drier than usual.

Better!
As it turned out, it was still a little too much moisture, but oh well. I'm not complaining too hard. Anyway, pop that sucker into the rice cooker and let it have two turns on "cook rice" - since mine was a bit wet, I let it sit in the "keep warm" option for a while before taking it out to slice it.

Delishus.
It's moist, sweet, and tart due to the citrus-y kiwis. I highly recommend this, although it makes a metric crapton of dishes to do afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment