Sunday, May 15, 2011

Eggy cornflour pancakes

I am so bored of pancakes, but when I'm low on groceries, it tends to be my breakfast default. Today, I decided to use up the rest of my corn flour and get rid of some eggs that are making a desperate zerg rush to the end of the mortal coil.

The result? Some extremely yellow pancakes. They're sweet, light, and taste just a little bit eggy!


Ingredients:

~1 1/2 cup corn flour
~1/2 cup rice flour
~3/4 cup sugar
~1 tsp baking soda
~2 tsp corn starch
2 eggs
~2tsp vegetable oil
enough milk to give it a runny consistency

As you may have noted, I approximated all the ingredient measurements. Ariel has no measurements. Ariel needs no measurements.



Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl; make sure there are no lumps. Then, whisk two eggs together with some vegetable oil in a separate bowl, and add to the dry ingredients. Blend until the batter is all wet; then add the milk to get your desired, pancakey consistency.

Ladle by spoonfuls into a frying pan on medium heat - be careful, they cook fast. Enjoy with condiments of your choosing (I have maple syrup, honey, and strawberry jam. Obvs not all at once, though it bears experimentation).

No comments:

Post a Comment