Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gigantic veggies and the Mochi Experiment


Check it out. It's a sweet potato. AND IT'S ALL MINE.

Okay, this Mochi Experiment is because I loooooooooove mochi and I've unconsciously begun searching out and trying all the new ones I can. So... I've decided to document my search. First on the docket...


Motivation to learn kanji: I have no idea what to call these.
These have a delicate, sweet flavour. They're super-soft on the outside, and more spherical than the mochi I'm used to, which are more like flattish discs. These are like little soft dumplings dusted in mochi rice flour. They have white bean paste inside them, which I'm not actually a fan of. But it's pureed smooth, and an interesting flavour combo. Not too sweet, chewy, and overall a nice snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment